Grandpa Herr and I share the same birthday and when I'm in the Midwest we celebrate together. But this year was all about Grandpa as he is celebrating his 80th birthday and the party was a surprise! Happy Birthday, Grandpa! There was a great turn out of family and friends and fortunately the severe storms forcast for the day were a no show :) Here are a few pictures of Elena as she enjoyed the day. Elena is enjoying her first piece of real banana cake with frosting and she didn't make a mess. I know what you are thinking...didn't she have cake for her birthday? Well she did of sorts but it was made with rice flour since I thought she was having problems with wheat, egg free since we hadn't introduced egg yet and reduced sugar with a powdered sugar glaze. So it does constitute a cupcake but not like the moist sugary banana cake with real frosting made by Aunt Chris--oh so yummy! Again today was a great day; with only one nap, Elena was like the energizer bunny, she kept going, smiling and waving :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!