On a side note, I've revamped the site. Hope you enjoy the new graphics and layout!
May 30, 2010
First Signs
Friday was a great day for Elena. She had a play date without me (I had a therapy appointment) and as usual she was a great little girl. Elena even signed for the first time. I have been working on a few signs for months and she never gave any inclination of imitation. Then as she sits eating O's she signs "more please" (pretend you are holding a coin between your thumb and fingers on both hands then touch the coins together a couple of times). To top that off, she loved walking there too--12 steps at a time, then she'd fall down and get up to do it again. So cute to see her walking. She doesn't walk on command but here is my best attempt so you can see this little drunk sailor walk.
Then this evening, she gave her second sign "milk" (pretend you are milking a cow's utter). Elena, in my opinion, has always been a great communicator and being able to use a combination of sign and words is awesome. And have I mentioned yet that she understands just about everything we say to her?
On a side note, I've revamped the site. Hope you enjoy the new graphics and layout!
On a side note, I've revamped the site. Hope you enjoy the new graphics and layout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!